It’s been a while since a wrote on my personal blog. Recently, I’ve been mainly writing for Mainly.AI. Do you know my writing style well enough to figure out which of the blog posts are written by me? I can give you a hint: I love bullets. I always think in terms of bullets. After bullets come pictures. After pictures comes text. Let me tell you more about bullets.
- A bullet is typically a self-contained piece of information one can refer to. And I love references.
- When I read plain text that does not contain bullets i normally try to decompose it in logical blocks and organise them in my head, which helps me to remember.
- Am I a robot? I love machine-readable structured text. Structured text is also so much better for scientific articles when it comes to finding right pieces of information automatically.
Shooting from the hip
- I’m not the person who overthinks things. Or am I? I often get to hear that I am assertive. I take it as a fine compliment. At times I do however have a hard time choosing between Pareto-optimal solutions and my brain goes at full speed even though I know in theory that it does not matter which one I choose.
- I do indeed shoot from the hip sometimes. Crazy ideas, assumptions, hypotheses – I love them. But only in a safe experimentation environment and with all those constructive critics around me who are not afraid to object. Brainstorming at its best is a like a scientific experiment.